Today I Am ..

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time."  Ah Thomas Merton.  It doesn't get much better. 
Lovin' this quote enough to make sure at least one person (me??) sees and reads it every day, I just wonder if anyone besides me knows just how powerful this wording really is.  For this season of my life these few words provide the ah-ha I need to take a tiny step closer to how I'd like to live everyday.  Finding myself and losing myself at the same time.
This blog is my little corner of the world where I get to tell my truth.  I am an artist.  I am an expert  in mixed media.  Why?  Because I say so.  Ah you say -- that's a little arrogant.  Actually it's truth.  One of the many spiritual laws that govern us all, whether we believe it or not.  It makes no difference whether it is spoken, thought, or acted out in how we treat others.  The universe only concerns itself with content, the message itself. 
So today I'm throwing off the old ideas that I am what I wear, what I look like, or "where" I come from. 
Today is the day that I live only in the moment, the moment where I AM enough, I AM a good mother, wife and friend.  And if by chance I forget who I really am today, I will come straight to my dining/craft/preschool room of my house, dive into a piece of canvas or a set of colored pencils to lose myself and find myself at the same time.
Make it a great day not dependent on anything other than it is great because you say it is.

1 comment: