Birthday Banner


Erin's 5th birthday was this past Friday and below is a picture of the birthday banner made to be a part of the big celebration.  The inspiration for this came from the Monday morning show Creative Juice & I was drawn to it because it was made with fabric and embellishments, two of my very favorites to play with.  Now, this looked very easy on the show but in reality was much more tedious.  For instance, I wanted to use fabric but I wanted the fabric to have the stiffness of cardstock.  It took SIX hours for the fabric stiffiner to accomplish that little transition.
I used the Art Philosophy cartridge to cut two different sized pennants, one at 8" and the other 7".  I used two different decorative fabric patterns for the pennants, black vinyl letters and then I just added whatever hodge-podge I could find here and there, and finally anchored it using black grosgrain ribbon.
I love the way it turned out and can't wait to make another.  However, the next time I will use thin cotton fabric to cut down on the drying time for the stiffiner & also I'll wrap the ribbon over the top of the letters to make it even more stable. 
Thanks for looking & Happy craftin' ... 
Happy craftin' ....




2 comments:

  1. I love this birthday banner!!! It so cute! I should attempt one of those. Happy Belated Birthday Erin!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!!! SUCH a labor of LOVE!!!! STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete