Canvas & Quotes


Every child is an artist.  The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.
~Pablo Picasso
I've always loved this quote.  From the first time I saw Erin with a crayon in her hand, I began to think of this quote almost daily.  Being so careful not to "interfere" with any art project she's working on, even more careful not to get overly excited about every little piece of art --the last thing in the world I want to do is stifle her creativity or give the impression that art is something extraordinary.  I want Erin to view art as essential as the air we breathe.

Inspired by Claudine Hellmuth, this is canvas art I put together several months back.  It sits on top of my craft cabinet in the dining craft room.   I think my next canvas will have this Picasso quote as its focal point.
Certainly canvas and quotes are a perfect match.

.  



7 comments:

  1. That is very pretty Elizabeth!!! You are so talented and very creative. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just joined your site, found you on the circle MB love all your projects, you do so many different things. Thanks for bringing your blog goodies to me.
    TiaD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love altered canvas art. Your creation is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Refreshing project! Very creative and different! I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, the saying is great, Love your entire blog and have become a follower
    Nana Donna's Card Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card! I am a new follower from the Circle message board and am looking forward to more of your creations. I would like to invite you to stop by my blog to check it out and follow me too!

    www.scrappindhilly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just dropping by to show you some love!!! Great blog!!

    ReplyDelete