Anniversary Canvas

Being a wife and mother striving to put "family first" I practice, as St. Teresa said, "doing small things with great love" (the quote is something like that).  This year for my wedding anniversary I decided to create a "big card to show big love"  rather than the normal  card.  And rather than paper I created my sentiments on canvas.  My husband is so proud of anything  I create that I knew  this Mixed-Media card made especially for him would make him feel especially thought of and loved on our special day.
I made this using a 12x7 piece of canvas purchased at the SCRAPBOOK EXPO in GA this past weekend (holla....).  I attended a class in Mixed Media at this event and was all jazzed up afterwards  to try out new products and techniques. 


I had so much fun doing this, but I admit it took much longer than it might appear.  I used gesso on the canvas and then inked it up.  Using Faber-Castell gelatos I did some stenciling.  Once that dried I placed and glued down the three tags I had made separately.  The key in the middle came from a swap I participated in last year and I wish I could find the name of the person who created it for me.  That key is so pretty I saved it for a very special occassion.  The other fun things are things I either bought at Archivers as part of my girl's weekend or had in my stash!! 
Very grateful to Susie (my partner in all things fun) for her help in the placement of everything.  Susie creates amazing projects.  So amazing that she's being PUBLISHED.  Watch for her project in the September issue of Cricut magazine.  Susie "lives" here
Thanks for lookin' and happy craftin'

2 comments:

  1. Much love to you E! This canvas is AMAZING!!!! I love it in person and in picutre!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It's so gorgeous!!! Great job Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete