The gods of crafting ...


have smiled down on me.  A blogger award!!  Blogging is a way to nuture my creativity while at the same time honoring and affirming your creativity.  My goal for my creativity and for yours is that we'll see all the bits and pieces of what we "put together" in our spare moments here and there to permeate all areas of our life.  To live in a perpetual state of creativity, even at the kitchen sink -- ah now that would be utopia, huh???  So that's where I am in my journey here at Life-and-Mixed-Media, bringing what I love to do into my home to honor and affirm my family, and hopefully yours. 

Thank you Susie for honoring me!  Take a look at her blog and you will see incredible growth in her crafting, but what I admire even more is her discipline.  Working full-time, taking amazing care of her immeidate family, she makes a priority of bringing the very best of the best of her crafting to each of us routinely.  But make no mistake about it -- her hubby and girls are first and foremost ALWAYS and that's what I love about my friend.  Check out Susie's blog here 

Now without further adieu, let me tell you about this award:
Liebster is a German word meaning "Beloved","Favourite," or "Dearest." This award is a peer to peer award in which fellow bloggers present the award to their favorite bloggers with less than 200 followers. The origins of this award is unclear, but is believed to have originated by a German blogger. This award was designed to be a blog award in the pay it forward fashion to share your dearest and most beloved blogs that have less than 200 followers.

RULES FOR ACCEPTANCE
Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their blog. Post the award onto your blog. Give the award five bloggers who you appreciate that have less than 200 followers. Leave a comment on their blog letting them know that you have given them this awesome award!
 
Choosing 5 bloggers was painstaking.  Seems like all of my faves either have a couple thousand followers or like Missie have just over 200.  I'm pretty sure I ended up using the more-or-less rule.

Donna B at
The Crafty Corgi - I found Donna while flipping through a SOMERSET magazine (yes, you read that correctly), but then I about lost my mind when I saw we live in the same town.  I imagine her time for blogging is limited because she is routinely published and sits on several design teams.  CHECK HER OUT....

Rhonda at
heart2handshighlights - I've "known" Rhonda for several years on the circut message board and have we've participated in numerous swaps together.  She's incredibly kind and talented, and .... she WELDS, and I've always wanted to learn to weld.  Talk about a crafter ...
 
Ohhhsnap at Ohhh Snap - An absolutely favorite because she does so many really NEAT projects.  Please look at her sidebar for all the different labels to get an idea of everything she's had her talented hand involved in.
 
Paper Craft Scissors at Paper Craft Scissors is absolutely amazing.  She uses her Cricut in the most creative ways and cleary thinks outside the box.  
 
And last but definitely not least - Cindy  at Scrap-Obsessed has been a long time favorite blogger of mine.  Her projects are always amazing & I love love love her detailed instructions. Cindy is my go-to-gal for all things inspirational with my Cricut.

Thanks to you all for your inspiration and kindness.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats Elizabeth! I love your work, and love your spirit even more.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for thinking of me for this award! I am truly touched. BTW Sis at Paper Craft Scissors is my actual sister :D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth -

    Thank you for giving me this blog award. It's such a wonderful and unexpected gift, and I am honored. Thank you so much for the kind words. Love your work and I am looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elizabeth. Thanks so much for your kind words. I really appreciate them. Sorry it's taken me a month to respond, but lately I seem to keep saying "better late than never" Love your blog. Have fun with your December Daily. Donna

    ReplyDelete