The Life Portion

Anyone who knows me well knows that I'm all about what's commonly referred to as midlife. Not that I don't cringe when I voice my age --I do, but I really believe that even that can and will be surrendered. I'm willing to be willing to surrender the vanity and arrogance that dominated my first-half life experience, right alongside allowing my emotions to dictate my behavior and decisions (a/k/a my emotions running over my azz). Well for the most part ...it's always a work in progress.
I'm learning in this second-half season to take it easy, to pray to be in communion with the divine and in good relations with friends and family. I'm learning how to let go of the guilt of imperfection, to forgive myself and others. I'm learning that to love with the heart of a mother can be painful and rewarding simultaneously.
Beginning this second-half life journey, I recognize that God's best kept secret of humility will be the instrument that teaches me how to love myself.
Here's a quick view of how love is showing up in my home the last few days....









- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. You really get it! I love that about you!!

    Beautiful picks of you and the girls...and that efly dude too!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete