Quietly Waiting



We're all gifted seasons in life where God in His great love provides the opportunity to learn a lesson so valuable we just know it was meant to deepen our relationship with Him.  These life lessons are tangible proof that God is actively working to mold us into faithful servants.  I happen to be a very very slow learner who sometimes will do things my way with clear knowledge that I am not following the lesson plan -- the lesson plan that asks me to keep the greater good in the forefront, the plan that will ask me to sit back and trust.  And the biggest obstacle of all -- stay away from the trap that I have the answers.  By refraining from the ways of this world, I can make room for God to fulfill his promise stated in Jeremiah 29:11-13:  "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

As is my habit when looking for that deep-seated peace I went straight to the prayers my dear friend wrote to the Blessed Mother.  Following is the one that settled into my heart. 
 
“Blessed Mother, you lead us to your Son. We are stubborn, and turn inward to worry instead of to you in prayer. Please do not give up on us!”
- With all the tools we are given, including scripture, church services, prayer warriors, the examples of saints, etc….I am so ashamed sometimes, like today, when I find myself worrying and almost panicky about things that I don’t even have control over. God and every divine being He has created are always there. We are never alone. When we think we are by ourselves, He is still there, quietly waiting for us to speak our truth and listen for comfort and peace. What a merciful Lord to wait patiently, and only judge us on our conscience and discernment.
~mgr

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment